More than 100 years have been necessary to end its construction in 1932. The lateral towers have been inaugurated during the visit of Pope John Paul II in 1989. The cathedral of La Paz is competitive with its magnificence of architecture in comparison to the surrounding building belonging to the legislative and executive palace, and also in comparison to the Main Square Plaza de Armas. Indeed, its façade with two bodies and five naves, with an entrance door for each one, imposes in front of the square. With a neoclassical architecture, it presents Greek-Roman reminiscences and Corinthian columns that are enhanced by domes made of metal like a crown.